- Donald Trump unveiled his budget that includes drastic cuts to Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid — the same programs that Arizonans told elected leaders to protect.
- The budget also greatly increases the deficit, forcing future generations to pay for tax cuts that benefit corporations and the super wealthy.
- Republicans are hellbent on providing giveaways to those at the very top at the expense of the rest of us.
National emergency declaration
- Donald Trump’s national emergency declaration is unconstitutional and based on a lie he’s been telling about the southern border since 2015.
- Arizonans know the truth about the border better than anyone — we live it every day.
- Arizona Democrats are committed to protecting Dreamers, keeping families together, and passing smart immigration reform that makes our border secure and boosting our economy.
- Arizona Republicans are advancing a bill exempt younger workers from minimum wage requirements.
- The average Arizona student graduates with $24,000 in student loan debt, yet Republicans in the legislature want to make sure they’re paid less than minimum wage.
- This bill is an attack on all Arizona workers, and it goes to show that Republicans care less about workers than about wealthy donors and corporations.
Experts in authoritarianism advise to keep a list of things subtly changing around you so that you’ll remember. Here is Amy Siskind’s list for this week.