The current proposal by Republicans in the Senate and Secretary Mnuchin for the COVID19 Emergency Bill includes:
- No Requirement that companies receiving aid maintain payroll or benefits
- No requirement to reduce executive pay
- Limited restrictions on stock buybacks (that Mnuchin can waive)
- No oversight
What the proposal does NOT include:
- No OSHA provisions to protect frontline workers
- No specific provisions to protect individuals from eviction, foreclosure, or forbearance
- No additional SNAP funds
- No expanded emergency leave provisions
- No funds to help with the treatment of the uninsured
- No guarantee that undocumented immigrants can get free testing
- Insufficient relief for the 44 million federal student loan borrowers
Also, direct cash payments would not be available to millions of people who did not file a tax return in 2018 AND 2019 and it would exclude taxpaying immigrant families.
CALL ARIZONA SENATORS AND DEMAND A FAIRER EMERGENCY BILL!!! THEY ARE VOTING TODAY!!!