TrumpCare 3.0 is likely to come to a vote early this week. The House Rules Committee will meet Monday and Republicans have spent the weekend rustling up votes. This morning, Trump went on Face The Nation and tweeted misleading info about coverage for pre-existing conditions under TrumpCare 3.0. Yes, it would have “a pool for the pre-existing conditions,” as Trump smoothly spoke, but we’ve seen that before, pre-2013. Sick people are shunted into a separate risk pool where they have “access” to insurance at completely unaffordable rates.
What incites Republicans to want to make insurance unaffordable to millions through tricks like this and by withholding subsidies for middle-class premiums is hard to understand. Regardless, our job is to resist.
Call, fax, and otherwise contact Senators McCain and Flake. If you can make a visit to one of their offices this week, please do so. Contact info for them is linked to their names in the first sentence of this paragraph. Here are some talking points (Thanks, Indivisible Guide):
- I opposed TrumpCare, and will continue to hold YOU, Senator, accountable for preserving quality, affordable coverage under the ACA.
- The latest amendment makes the bill even worse by allowing states to end protections for people with pre-existing conditions. I expect you to stand up for the tens of thousands in Arizona who could be charged higher premiums.
- The ACA is the law of the land. I will not tolerate any more time wasted on TrumpCare, which would take away care from 24 million people and cut Medicaid by $880 billion dollars in order to give tax cuts to the wealthy, insurance companies and other big corporations.
- Congress is responsible for ensuring the existing health care system works. We will hold YOU accountable for any action that makes healthcare more expensive or drives insurance companies out of the marketplaces.
- Medicaid expansion is here to stay and I expect YOU, Senator, to support expansion in our state.
Contact Rep. Tom O’Halleran and thank him for standing strong in support of the Affordable Care Act.
Background info on Trumpcare 3.0 here.
Here’s a list of the Ten Essential Benefits.
TrumpCare 3.0 won’t even save much money; it’s just cruel.Share this: