- This event has passed.
Campaign Workshop: Session 1
February 24 @ 1:30 pm - 4:30 pm$28
NOTE THERE’S BEEN A TIME CHANGE FOR SESSION 1
Have you ever wanted to run for office or work as a manager for someone else’s campaign? We have a training course just for you! This will be a 2-3 hour commitment once per week for six weeks with a small cost involved to cover expenses, including a book. At the end, you’ll have created a campaign plan. Don’t wait to register — the first session is February 24!
This six-day series of workshops (one per week) is geared to three groups of people:
- Those who want to work as a staff member or volunteer on an electoral campaign
- Those who want to work on an issue-based campaign or organizing drive
- Those who want to run for office themselves.
The workshops will provide participants with the practical, hands-on tools needed for successful campaigns. The presentations will be based on the Wellstone Action organization’s training and will follow the Wellstone book, Politics the Wellstone Way: How to Elect Progressive Candidates and Win on Issues. Each participant will be given a copy of this book. Participants will also be given information and materials specific to Coconino County, City of Flagstaff, and Arizona Legislative elections.
The workshop will consist of six sessions covering different topics. Participants will be asked to work together in groups to develop a campaign plan for a candidate running for a local office and/or a legislative district and a ballot question campaign.
The following are the dates and times of the sessions: NOTE THERE’S BEEN A TIME CHANGE FOR SESSION 1
- Session 1: Sunday, February 24th, 1:30 pm to 4:30 pm – Introduction and Preparing & Planning
- Session 2: Sunday, March 3rd, 12:00 pm to 3 pm – Messaging and Communications
- Session 3: Sunday, March 10th, 12:00 pm to 3 pm – Field Organizing and Direct Voter Contact
- Session 4: Sunday, March 17th, 12:00 pm to 3 pm – Budget and Fundraising
- Session 5: Sunday, March 24th, 12:00 pm to 3 pm – GOTV and Winning on Issues
- Session 6: Sunday, April 7th, 12:00 pm to 3 pm – Presentation of Campaign Plans
The instructor, Patty Hansen, has successfully run for office herself and has worked as a staff member on statewide and congressional campaigns. She has also developed campaign plans and provided political targeting for senatorial, gubernatorial, legislative, county and city campaigns. Local Democratic elected officials will be sharing their knowledge and expertise, too.
There is a $28 registration fee for the entire series which will cover the costs of materials and the book. The fee may be waived for those that find it financial hardship. Pre-registration is required. Participants must be registered Democrats. Participants must be registered Democrats. Start your registration by writing email@example.com or mailing a check with your name and contact info to Coconino County Democratic Party, POB 701, Flagstaff, AZ 86002.
All sessions will be held at the Coconino County Democratic Headquarters, Historic Ice House, 201 E Birch Ave, Suite 6, Flagstaff unless the group size exceeds our capacity, in which case we will notify you of the venue change.