- This event has passed.
Brews and Politics
January 23, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
We’re going to try to heighten the enthusiasm of these events in 2019 by suggesting some discussion topics in advance. We may also move the event to other locations from time to time. For January, we’ll be meeting at the Southside Tavern as we have in the past.
January topics: Predictions! Will Trump be impeached? If so, will the Senate convict him? Whether or not either of those joyful events happens, what do we expect from the change to Democratic control of the House majority? Will this change Trump’s tactics? Will it hamper his ability to act in crazy ways?
Come join us, and we’ll raise a toast to every subpoena that’s been issued this month! (We may need Uber to get home after that.)
This is an opportunity to have informal conversations amongst PCs and other interested folks to share and sharpen our message while canvassing, tabling, talking to our neighbors, or while in line at the grocery store. We’ll gather in the backroom at the Southside Tavern on the 4th Wednesday of each month from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
The goals of these conversations are several:
- To help those who are struggling with how to respond to difficult questions from the public
- To learn from each other and recognize that as a body, we have a lot of knowledge and experience
- To bring in folks who can fill in the gaps in that knowledge (recognizing that “they” may be “us”!)
- To identify PC needs and ideas
- To build camaraderie, unity, and enthusiasm
There may be other benefits that come from this. Some people may show up for these events who are not able to attend Saturday meetings. We don’t want to compete with things such as the DPA, or the Monthly PC meetings; the intention is to complement other events.