Coconino County Democratic Party with Democrats of the Red Rocks issues these calls to action.
CONTACT SEN. KYRSTEN SINEMA: Sen. Sinema has just stated she is against ending the filibuster. (Politico Jan. 21, 2021) Contact the Senator to say: “It’s a mistake to take filibuster off the table. Please issue a public statement that you will reconsider your position if Republicans obstruct the war time level funding needed to combat Covid 19 and rescue our economy.”
Contact Sen Sinema via email through her website at sinema.senate.gov or call to (202) 224-4521.
PLEASE CONTACT REP O’HALLARAN FOR THESE NEXT ITEMS:
IN FAVOR: H.R. 25 – Directing the Committee on Ethics to investigate, and issue a report on, whether any and all actions taken by Members of the 117th Congress who sought to overturn the 2020 Presidential election violated their oath of office to uphold the Constitution or the Rules of the House of Representatives, and should face sanction, including removal from the House of Representatives.
54 Co Sponsors including Reps. Grijalva and Kirkpatrick
IN FAVOR: H.R. 1 “For the People Act” sponsored by Rep. John Sarbanes (D Maryland). This bill would expand Americans’ access to the ballot box, reduce the influence of big money in politics, strengthen ethics rules for public servants, and implement other anti-corruption measures for the purpose of fortifying our democracy, and for other purposes.
Contact Rep. O’Halleran by sending him an email through his website at ohalleran.house.gov or call to (202) 225-3361.
Goal is to have 120,000 residents vaccinated using some 15 facilities, grocery stores, drug stores, etc. as soon as vaccine becomes available. The problem has been the supply of the vaccine. The County seems to be well organized but needs vaccine supply to fully implement.
Call 928-679-7300 for information and help. Also call 928-679-7452.
INDEPENDENT REDISTRICTING COMMISSION (IRC)
The Commission is in the process of deciding how to include public participation. This includes deciding how/when/if to take public comments, if contact information for individual Commissioners will be made public, and how many public meetings to hold.
Look for a link or other method to reach the IRC when it is available prior to their next scheduled meeting on February 2. This will be available via e-mail or on the CC Dems website and/or Facebook page.
Suggested public comments:
- Request to Commission to clarify how the public will be able to communicate with the Commission.
- Encourage open communication and transparency.
- Encourage Commission to have more than one way to submit Public Comments. Rather than it being limited to a specific day and limited time, as it was done in the first two Commission meetings, there should also be a website form, as there was in 2011, to submit comments at any time.
- Encourage Commission to make Public Comments available to the public.
- Encourage Commission to promote public engagement by several avenues, including public meetings and public comments.