Yesterday, House Republicans narrowly passed a partisan budget resolution that will harm hardworking families in order to push through a massive tax giveaway for big corporations and the top 1%.
- Last week, their Senate colleagues voted for this resolution without any Democratic votes.
- This budget resolution is the first step toward enacting costly tax cuts for the wealthy and big corporations, at the expense of low and middle-income families.
Come 2018, America’s hardworking families should remember the Republicans who just voted to drive up their taxes.
- The budget resolution calls for cuts of nearly $500 billion from Medicare and more than $1 trillion from Medicaid, while increasing the national deficit by at least $1.5 trillion.
- The resolution makes it harder for Americans to save for retirement through their 401(k) plans.
- The Republican budget is cruel and would lead to deep cuts to vital programs and investments that serve Americans across the country. Millions of hardworking Americans will be worse off, while only Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan, and America’s wealthiest would benefit.
Democrats know that our elected officials are supposed to serve the people they represent. That’s why we will continue fighting for the economic security and opportunity every family deserves.