The Coconino County Democratic Party is seeking a highly motivated and passionate Organizer to work primarily with our Indigenous Committee. The Indigenous Committee is a group of active Precinct Committee Members and volunteers dedicated to engaging voters and addressing issues specific to the various tribal communities that reside and vote in Coconino County.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in creating agendas for and running committee meetings (via Zoom for now but hopefully in person in Flagstaff, Tuba City, and elsewhere throughout the county) about every other week
- Recruit, train, and retain committee members
- Assist with ideas for graphics, letter writing, radio & other committee activities
- Cut VAN lists, generate scripts, and schedule phone/text banks to Native communities in order to register, educate, and activate Native Voters
- Coordinate efforts with Navajo and Apache Counties particularly on producing a newsletter and participating in the Family Votes Program. Coordinate with other Democratic campaigns as needed.
- Supervise the Committee’s presence on Facebook and Twitter by posting about a wide range of topics important to the Indigenous community.
- Coordinate with other committees and activities of the County Party
- Any other committee-related tasks, as needed.
- Must be organized, motivated, and a self-starter with computer skills
- Must be a good communicator who is polite and respectful
- Familiarity with Coconino County Tribes
- Experience with Google or Microsoft Office Suite of tools
- Experience with campaign tools such as the VAN/VoteBuilder is a plus
- Reliable transportation for short and long-distance travel
Logistics: Our Party office is in Flagstaff. This position’s schedule will vary based on the needs of the Party and will require evening and weekend work.
Salary: This will be a part-time position that will pay $19 per hour for 10 hours a week through March 2022. Potential for additional hours and extension beyond March 2022.
To Apply: Send resume to . No calls.
The Coconino County Democratic Party (CCDP), is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The CCDP is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment on the basis of gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran’s status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.