What's Behind these Calls to Action?
Organizations throughout the country are coordinating to resist the reactionary trend brought on by the last election. You can help to make that resistance effective by coordinating the timing of your calls, emails, and postcards with those of other activists. That's why we publish these Action Alerts. We are coordinating with Indivisible Project, Arizona House Democrats, the Arizona Democratic Party, Anne Schneider's Arizona Legislative Alerts, Together We Will Northern Arizona, Democrats of the Red Rocks, Rogan's List, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the ACLU, among others.
These are holding actions and we support and participate in them. To accomplish change, the most important thing you can do is stay informed and persuade everyone who supports progressive change to vote for Democrats in 2018. Make sure your neighbors and everyone you know is registered to vote, signed up for vote-by-mail, and actually votes in November 2018. Don't wait, start now.
- On Tuesday, December 12, the Trump-packed Federal Communications Commission is set to repeal Obama-era rules that provide free and equal access to information through the internet. Without these safeguards, companies like Suddenlink, CenturyLink, and Verizon will be able to slow down your internet speed on your favorite channels in order to promote their favorite channels. […]
- While we remain under threat from the tax bill, the FCC’s net neutrality proposal, incursions on our public lands, and so much more, this week Congress’ attention shifts to the government spending bill. The government will shut down this Friday, December 8 unless a “continuing resolution” is passed. Such a resolution allows Congress to extend the current government funding […]
- The fight is not over. The Senate bill is different from what passed the House and those differences must be reconciled. Some of what’s different is better in the later bill1 — thanks to pressure from people like you! So, let’s keep it up. The tax bill goes back to the House today, and the House […]
- Former Governor and Interior Secretary Bruce Babbitt implores us to take action to save our precious public lands. Trump is traveling to Utah on Monday, where he will be greeted by protestors in Salt Lake City. Trump will not even visit the monuments he intends to scale back: Bears Ear and Grand Staircase Escalante. He’s […]
- Coconino Democrats join Indivisible groups around the country to stop the tax bill in the Senate. Our Senators, McCain and Flake, are key to the success we need. In Northern Arizona, we have little opportunity, without hours of travel, to join the sit-ins that will be taking place. But we can flood the phone and […]
- Newsweek just named Jeff Flake and John McCain as two of only a small handful of Senators who could kill Trump’s terrible tax bill. These are our Senators and they will listen to YOU more than anyone from any other state. Call, write, and Resistbot (Text 504-09) or fax. Here’s Senator McCain’s email contact form Here’s […]
- As of last night, Congressional Republicans are coming after the Affordable Care Act again as they reach for cash to pay for their massive corporate tax cut and elimination of the tax on estates valued at over $5 million. Call and tell your Senators and Representatives that this is just plain wrong. From WaPo, Finance […]
- Update 11/13/17: It just got worse. Talley failed to disclose that he is married to a White House lawyer who is a witness in the Mueller investigation. Original post: Last week the Senate Judiciary Committee — on a party-line vote — recommended the confirmation of Brent J. Talley as a federal district judge. This is […]
- (This article has been updated with additional information and references.) Republicans plan to ram a tax bill through Congress before Thanksgiving. We need to give this as much protest as we gave to their efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Call, write, and fax every day between now and Thanksgiving. Never before has a […]
- “The Trump political and legal strategy is about to get very radical.”1 While we have been celebrating the revelations from the Papadopoulos guilty plea and the hints of Mueller’s strategy contained in the Manafort/Gates indictment, Fox News listeners and Wall Street Journal readers have been hearing a very different perspective. Trump apologists are calling for […]