What's Behind these Calls to Action?
Organizations throughout the country are coordinating to resist the reactionary trend brought on by the last election. You can help to make that resistance effective by coordinating the timing of your calls, emails, and postcards with those of other activists. That's why we publish these Action Alerts. We are coordinating with Indivisible Project, Arizona House Democrats, the Arizona Democratic Party, Anne Schneider's Arizona Legislative Alerts, Together We Will Northern Arizona, Democrats of the Red Rocks, Rogan's List, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the ACLU, among others.
These are holding actions and we support and participate in them. To accomplish change, the most important thing you can do is stay informed and persuade everyone who supports progressive change to vote for Democrats in 2018. Make sure your neighbors and everyone you know is registered to vote, signed up for vote-by-mail, and actually votes in November 2018. Don't wait, start now.
- White Mountain Democrats knocked on more than 800 doors in Payson on Saturday to help win the Legislative District 6 race, which is critical to winning control of the Arizona Legislature. Helping Wade Carlisle defeat State Sen. Sylvia Allen while also to defeating (Where’s Bob) Thorpe and McDaniel by electing Bobby Tyler and Felicia […]
- Watch for the Big Blue Wave in the parade. Then join us for the Ice Cream Social at Headquarters — 201 E. Birch. The Blue Wave is going to help win November’s election, but we need lots of hard work to really make the donkey jump the […]
- If there was ever any question whether the November elections would be the most important of our lifetime, Justice Kennedy’s retirement from the Supreme Court should remove all doubt. In 2017, Mitch McConnell held up President Obama’s nomination of moderate, yet brilliant, Jurist Merrick Garland for over 8 months on the ground that the American […]
- As we’re focusing on how to change our legislature, it seems timely to revisit some facts about LD-6. Our district is one of the eight most competitive in the state. If we can flip all three seats from Republican to Democratic in LD-6, it will make a huge difference for the entire state. All of […]
- Then, come join us! #BeAPC Meet us and Join us: May 9, 5:15-6:45 at Headquarters!
- Do what you can to support Arizona educators in their fight to approve our schools! We have posted two rallies in Flagstaff — Thursday and Friday. _________________ Please contribute to the #RedForEd food drive for the Flagstaff Family Food Center. Bus drivers, janitors, teachers aides, lunchroom staff as well as teachers will lose paychecks starting later this […]
- There are still persistent reports that the Legislature will again try to make an end run around the voters and repeal the bill (SB1431) they passed last year, which is scheduled to be voted on by the citizens of this state in November because Save Our Schools gained enough signatures to put it on the ballot for […]
- The Coconino County Democratic Party has launched its #BeAPC Campaign! This is a drive to expand and strengthen the party by making it more inclusive. So far, three major events are planned, but we’ve reached out to chapter houses and at flea markets on the Navajo Reservation already. Did you know that Navajo Democrats make […]
- Please do not close your Facebook accounts because Facebook, according to news reports, is complicit in the information warfare conducted during the 2016 election. And, PLEASE SHARE this post. Why? (1) Facebook is a major utility in use by the good guys, including us, to get important messages out not only to you but to […]
- We wish we could find reliable numbers for how much the Arizona Attorney General’s office has spent on legal fees trying to defend the ridiculously obviously unconstitutional abortion bills that the Arizona legislature has passed in the last decade and which Governors Brewer and Ducey signed (sometimes — occasionally, they vetoed because the bills were […]