What's Behind these Calls to Action?
Organizations throughout the country are coordinating to resist the reactionary trend brought on by the last election. You can help to make that resistance effective by coordinating the timing of your calls, emails, and postcards with those of other activists. That's why we publish these Action Alerts. We are coordinating with Indivisible Project, Arizona House Democrats, the Arizona Democratic Party, Anne Schneider's Arizona Legislative Alerts, Together We Will Northern Arizona, Democrats of the Red Rocks, Rogan's List, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the ACLU, among others.
These are holding actions and we support and participate in them. To accomplish change, the most important thing you can do is stay informed and persuade everyone who supports progressive change to vote for Democrats in 2018. Make sure your neighbors and everyone you know is registered to vote, signed up for vote-by-mail, and actually votes in November 2018. Don't wait, start now.
- There are still persistent reports that the Legislature will again try to make an end run around the voters and repeal the bill (SB1431) they passed last year, which is scheduled to be voted on by the citizens of this state in November because Save Our Schools gained enough signatures to put it on the ballot for […]
- The Coconino County Democratic Party has launched its #BeAPC Campaign! This is a drive to expand and strengthen the party by making it more inclusive. So far, three major events are planned, but we’ve reached out to chapter houses and at flea markets on the Navajo Reservation already. Did you know that Navajo Democrats make […]
- Please do not close your Facebook accounts because Facebook, according to news reports, is complicit in the information warfare conducted during the 2016 election. And, PLEASE SHARE this post. Why? (1) Facebook is a major utility in use by the good guys, including us, to get important messages out not only to you but to […]
- We wish we could find reliable numbers for how much the Arizona Attorney General’s office has spent on legal fees trying to defend the ridiculously obviously unconstitutional abortion bills that the Arizona legislature has passed in the last decade and which Governors Brewer and Ducey signed (sometimes — occasionally, they vetoed because the bills were […]
- A bill making its way through the Arizona legislature threatens to disrupt college and university campuses. HB2563 supposedly protects free speech on college campuses, but actually, it’s something else entirely. The legislation is written by the Goldwater Institute and is being introduced in statehouses around the US (with Koch money more than likely). If it becomes […]
- Arizona deserves transparency in politics– and former Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard is leading an effort to achieve that. The work is called Outlaw Dirty Money. The movement seeks a an amendment to the Arizona Constitution that gets rid of anonymity in large campaign donations. Outlaw Dirty Money needs 300,000 signatures to get the “Stop Political Dirty […]
- On Monday, the Arizona Senate is planning to consider SB1392, another permanent tax cut. This cut would leave our already anemic state budget with another $120 million loss that will grow exponentially over time, according to projections from the Arizona League of Cities and Towns. The cut will also slash $14 million from Prop 301 […]
- As reported in the Daily Sun on February 18 and again on the 24th, Senator McCain’s office has been negotiating a land trade deal with the Hopi Tribe and the State of Arizona Land Department. This proposal has not been finalized. Congressman O’Halleran is interested in receiving comments from his constituents regarding the proposal. This post […]
- Your action is needed to prevent the dismantling of the voter created Independent Redistricting Commission. Tomorrow, Wednesday, February 14th at 2 p.m. the Senate Government Committee will hear SCR1034 whose primary sponsor is Senate President Steve Yarbrough. This measure is designed to dismantle the Independent Redistricting Commission, reduce the voice of Independents (the state’s largest voting block), and […]
- It’s always nuts when the legislature is in session, especially with Sylvia Allen and Bob Thorpe and now term-limited Brenda Barton– unfortunately our legislators in LD 6 — on the loose. Thanks to our friends at Unitarian Universalist and Together We Will for following events closely. Now is the time to take action to support […]