What's Behind these Calls to Action?
Organizations throughout the country are coordinating to resist reactionary elements in our nation. You can help to make that resistance effective by coordinating the timing of your calls, emails, and postcards with those of other activists. That's why we publish these Action Alerts. We are coordinating with Indivisible Project, Arizona House Democrats, the Arizona Democratic Party, Anne Schneider's Arizona Legislative Alerts, Together We Will Northern Arizona, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the ACLU, among others.
These are holding actions and we support and participate in them. To accomplish change, the most important thing you can do is stay informed and persuade everyone who supports progressive change to vote for Democrats in 2020. Make sure your neighbors and everyone you know is registered to vote, signed up for vote-by-mail, and actually votes. Don't wait, start now.
- The Arizona Senate Judiciary Committee will be hearing four bills that will have an adverse impact on voters if they become law. The committee meets Thursday at 9am. You can use Request to Speak to register your views or you can contact each of the committee members by phone or email as listed below. SB […]
- Thank you to the folks of Coconino County who came out to help our party move our City, our State, and our Nation in the direction of justice, fairness, and opportunity. To everyone who served as a precinct committee person or outreach volunteer or financial donor over the last 2 years and to everyone who […]
- We’re trying to make voting as easy as possible. Here are a few helpful things to know: If you still have your mail-in ballot, don’t put it in the mail. There are options for depositing it in official elections drop boxes instead of mailboxes, or you can take it to any voting location on Tuesday, […]
- If you need a ride to the polls during Early Voting or on Election Day, we’d like to help. In the Flagstaff area, give us a call at 928-421-3439 to schedule a time. Please call at least a day in advance of when you need your ride. Same-day rides cannot be guaranteed. Call or Text […]
- Dateline: 10/26 — there was more you may have needed to know before today. Now, we’re down to the essence. Early in-person voting is encouraged for all who do not have mail-in ballots. This reduces lines on Election Day and makes sure that your voice will be heard even if you are sick on Election […]
- Arizona law requires specified identification at the time of voter registration to prove citizenship. Federal law does not. Nearly 2000 voters have registered in Coconino County who will be eligible to vote only for Krysten Sinema and Tom O’Halleran and nothing else on that long ballot. Most of these are young Democrats or Democrat-leaning Independents. […]
- We’ve been hearing from people that it’s taking a long time to vote because the ballot is long. Make it easy, provide your friends with the Sample Ballot. Stop into our office to pick up a supply — we’re open from 10-6 every day from now through November 6 — and with extended hours on […]
- Early voting begins Wednesday, October 10. Early voting by Democrats is a key element in our plan to win in Arizona. Early voting is a right and privilege given to Arizonans by law — let’s exercise it! This blog post explains why and how. At first blush, it may not seem to matter when you […]
- Our Get-Out-The-Vote effort gets into full swing this weekend and we need your help. We’re targeting Democrats who need a little nudge to vote in the Midterm Elections (turnout is much greater in Presidential years). Please give 2-3 hours on one of the next two weekends to help win this election. The work is easy and […]
- Four thoughts now that Kavanaugh is an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court: 1) We knew we would lose the Supreme Court when we lost the Election in 2016. 2) Susan Collins just lost all claim to be a Pro-Choice Republican. 3) We are discouraged and angry. Acknowledge that and move forward. 4) We are […]