What's Behind these Calls to Action?
Organizations throughout the country are coordinating to resist the reactionary trend brought on by the last election. You can help to make that resistance effective by coordinating the timing of your calls, emails, and postcards with those of other activists. That's why we publish these Action Alerts. We are coordinating with Indivisible Project, Arizona House Democrats, the Arizona Democratic Party, Anne Schneider's Arizona Legislative Alerts, Together We Will Northern Arizona, Democrats of the Red Rocks, Rogan's List, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the ACLU, among others.
These are holding actions and we support and participate in them. To accomplish change, the most important thing you can do is stay informed and persuade everyone who supports progressive change to vote for Democrats in 2018. Make sure your neighbors and everyone you know is registered to vote, signed up for vote-by-mail, and actually votes in November 2018. Don't wait, start now.
- The facts speak for themselves: Arizona would be one of the hardest hit states by the effects of climate change. But if we invest in clean power, we could be one of the states to most benefit from solar and other renewables. That’s why we need you to add your name right now as a supporter of the Clean Power Plan […]
- The tragedy in Las Vegas last night has evoked a burst of conversation about gun control. Here is a useful article to prepare you to have conversations with those who say “guns don’t kill, people do.” The bottom line on all the statistics presented in that article: The states that have tighter gun restrictions have […]
- WHAT’S HAPPENING: The Republicans are taking another run at “repeal and replace.” They have until Sept. 30 to slide through a bill with just 50 votes (plus Mike Pence). Their defeats earlier this summer don’t seem to be discouraging them. There is now a move in the Senate to pass a new bill sponsored by Senators Graham, […]
- DACA – Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, should not ever have been an issue. There is no justice, no fairness, in deporting persons who were brought here by their parents when they were children. There is no strategic interest of the United States in deporting these 800,000 or so. There is no reason whatsoever to […]
- UPDATE 9/21/17: The board meeting is now set for next Monday at 10:00 a.m. If you have not emailed per this Action Alert, please do so today or Friday: email@example.com. Your message can be short: “Please remove the name “Jefferson Davis Highway.” Give reasons if you have time. Here is the official notice with the […]
- Our top priority is the safety of those attending the protests against Trump’s appearance in Phoenix. Let’s exercise our First Amendment Rights peacefully. Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton asked the President not to hold a campaign rally in Phoenix during this time. But Trump does not know how to lead or be a unifier and so […]
- Trump’s EPA head has made it clear that his mission is to dismantle the E.P.A.’s environmental mission. His critics say he is deploying extraordinary secrecy as he does so. Pruitt has resisted Congressional oversight — it’s time we demand he be hauled before Congress to explain himself. Contact Congressman O’Halleran, Senator McCain, Senator Flake. Background: […]
- In April, Sinclair hired former White House aide Boris Epshteyn, who had organized Trump’s TV surrogates, as an on-air political analyst. Now, the FCC is set to bend the rules to allow Sinclair to buy 42 Tribune-owned TV stations, vastly expanding its audience. Sinclair is known for requiring local stations to broadcast nationally produced conservative […]
- While we celebrate the defeat of repeal and replace last week, we must recognize the battles for affordable, universal coverage are far from over and demand our continued attention and activism. Thank you to all who showed up at the Our Lines on the Line Rally on Saturday! Thank you to our Precinct Committee Person, […]
- Mitch McConnell is calling a vote tomorrow on whether to proceed with a bill to repeal the ACA. Call and email — yes again. Contact Senator McCain. Contact Senator Flake. Just say “no” to throwing 32 million people off of health insurance.