What's Behind these Calls to Action?
Organizations throughout the country are coordinating to resist the reactionary trend brought on by the last election. You can help to make that resistance effective by coordinating the timing of your calls, emails, and postcards with those of other activists. That's why we publish these Action Alerts. We are coordinating with Indivisible Project, Arizona House Democrats, the Arizona Democratic Party, Anne Schneider's Arizona Legislative Alerts, Together We Will Northern Arizona, Democrats of the Red Rocks, Rogan's List, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the ACLU, among others.
These are holding actions and we support and participate in them. To accomplish change, the most important thing you can do is stay informed and persuade everyone who supports progressive change to vote for Democrats in 2018. Make sure your neighbors and everyone you know is registered to vote, signed up for vote-by-mail, and actually votes in November 2018. Don't wait, start now.
- Face-to-Face contact is the most effective way to persuade people to vote. Here’s what we know about opportunities this week. Also see our events calendar for repeating canvassing and phone-banking events organized by the Arizona Democratic Party’s Coordinated Campaign. Organizers who want their canvasses included in this notice, please fill out this form. This post will be updated […]
- While there are sixty days until November 6 — Election Day — there are only 33 days to go until people start voting in this important midterm election. Procrastination time is over. Voters have chosen our candidates and they are all eminently more qualified to represent our values than their Republican opponents. Now is the time […]
- Who is eligible to vote: All registered voters. This is an open partisan primary election for the Democratic, Green and Republican Parties. Unaffiliated (Independent, no party designated or Other) registered voters are cordially invited to help pick the next Democratic nominees. Deadline to return voted early ballots: Election Day, August 28, 2018, 7:00 pm (Arizona time) Locations […]
- The campaign season is already on fire and we’re blazing a trail to win. This is, therefore, a good time to review the work that has to be done. Republicans in this state, and in Legislative District 6, had a significant voter registration advantage going into this campaign cycle. That’s narrowing by the day as […]
- White Mountain Democrats knocked on more than 800 doors in Payson on Saturday to help win the Legislative District 6 race, which is critical to winning control of the Arizona Legislature. Helping Wade Carlisle defeat State Sen. Sylvia Allen while also to defeating (Where’s Bob) Thorpe and McDaniel by electing Bobby Tyler and Felicia […]
- Watch for the Big Blue Wave in the parade. Then join us for the Ice Cream Social at Headquarters — 201 E. Birch. The Blue Wave is going to help win November’s election, but we need lots of hard work to really make the donkey jump the […]
- If there was ever any question whether the November elections would be the most important of our lifetime, Justice Kennedy’s retirement from the Supreme Court should remove all doubt. In 2017, Mitch McConnell held up President Obama’s nomination of moderate, yet brilliant, Jurist Merrick Garland for over 8 months on the ground that the American […]
- As we’re focusing on how to change our legislature, it seems timely to revisit some facts about LD-6. Our district is one of the eight most competitive in the state. If we can flip all three seats from Republican to Democratic in LD-6, it will make a huge difference for the entire state. All of […]
- Then, come join us! #BeAPC Meet us and Join us: May 9, 5:15-6:45 at Headquarters!
- Do what you can to support Arizona educators in their fight to approve our schools! We have posted two rallies in Flagstaff — Thursday and Friday. _________________ Please contribute to the #RedForEd food drive for the Flagstaff Family Food Center. Bus drivers, janitors, teachers aides, lunchroom staff as well as teachers will lose paychecks starting later this […]