The Mission of the County Party is to elect Democrats to public office who embrace the values of the Democratic Party. In order to further this mission, the County Party:
- Works to increase the number of people registered as Democrats in Coconino County
- Educates voters and trains members of the County Party
- Works to Get Out the Vote
- Recruits, trains, and promotes Democrats as candidates for elected office, supports their campaigns while maintaining neutrality in contested primary elections, and assists them while they hold office
- Works for and promotes fair elections and access to voting opportunities
- Conducts other activities to strengthen and promote the aims and objectives of the Democratic Party
- Raises funds to support the above activities and to advance the mission
Agenda for the 2020 Election Cycle
We are committed to the continuing growth of a strong grassroots organization that takes action in support of Democratic candidates. We aim to create a grassroots Democratic Party presence throughout Coconino County by educating and engaging our community.
We support the National Democratic Party Platform as adopted in Philadelphia in July 2016 and further we agree to the following agenda for Arizona and Coconino County for 2019-2020:
1. We will speak out against corruption and other attempts to enrich oligarchs and their cronies at the expense of ordinary Americans.
2. We seek to protect ourselves and our children from greater climate change.
3. We believe in educational opportunities for all as a matter of individual right and as matters of national defense and economic growth.
4. We believe every Arizonan should have healthcare.
5. We will exercise our rights under the First Amendment.
6. We support Public Safety.
7. Liberty is one of America’s most important values.
8. We support Equal Protection and Equal Opportunity for all.
9. Voting is fundamental to the preservation of our constitutional democracy. It should not be difficult to register to vote or to exercise the right to vote.
* * *