The Governor has set the application deadline to fill a recent vacancy on the Commission on Appellate Court Appointments (CACA). CACA plays a large part not only in selecting the supreme and appellate court judges, but also in redistricting.
- CACA recommends candidates for the Arizona Supreme Court and the Appellate Courts, and decides the 25 finalist candidates for the Independent Redistricting Commission. They will be tasked with deciding those finalists later this year.
- According to the Governor’s website, applications are due by 5pm on May 15th: https://bc.azgovernor.gov/
- Due to the current makeup of the commission, the appointment is available only to AZ residents who do not reside in Maricopa or Pima Counties. Applicants must have lived in Arizona for at least 5 years, and they shall not be judges, retired judges or admitted to the practice of law before the Supreme Court of Arizona.
- Women and people of color strongly encouraged to apply.
The application is available online at https://bc.azgovernor.gov/. Applications must be submitted by 5pm on May 15th, and must include:
- A PDF copy of your resume
- A signed background check authorization form (attached)