The Coconino County Democratic Party will hire its first Executive Director this winter. This move will allow us to continue the tremendous expansion of party work that we have achieved over the last 4 years and lay the foundation for new leadership at the officer level beginning in 2023.
Our County Party will be the 4th in the State of Arizona to employ an Executive Director. (Maricopa, Navajo, and Pima Counties each employ their own directors as well as other staff.) This move will strengthen our party and its contribution to electing Democrats throughout the State of Arizona.
Over the past few years, we have employed a part-time office manager and several organizers as well as interns, but the management of the party has been left to our volunteer officers. It’s time to up our game to continue the work to turn Arizona blue.
Coconino County Democratic Party
This position provides high-quality and responsive managerial and operational support for the Coconino County Democratic Party (CCDP). The successful candidate will report to the Chair and provide leadership support to the Chair and Officers. They will have a strong commitment to the goals of the Democratic Party and will have responsibility for planning and implementing the organization’s operations and programs. Successful candidates must demonstrate a high capacity to respond to situations in a timely manner with diplomacy and discretion.
- Manage the execution of the Coconino County Democratic Party plans and strategies as developed with the County Chair and Executive Committee.
- Manages and implements communication strategy and plans. Oversees the CCDP web page and communication to membership through emails and newsletters. Oversees a social media strategy.
- Coordinates and supervises the development and execution of the annual budget
- Manages and executes plans from the CCDP Chair and Executive Committee within budgetary authority.
- Determines appropriate resources and staffing.
- Prepares periodic reports utilizing NGP and other systems.
- Initiates disbursements within expenditure authority from the approved annual budget.
- Serve as the key focal point for Coconino County Democratic Party actions and communications.
- Serves as a liaison to the Executive Committee, Coconino County Officials, and allied organizations.
- Maintains respectful relationships with Party leadership, stakeholders, donors, volunteers, and elected officials.
- Acts as a point of contact for elected officials, candidates, community organization leaders, the Arizona Democratic Party, the Coordinated Campaign, and other campaigns.
- Organizes, coordinates, and motivates volunteers.
- Develops professional relationships with community organizations to convey CCDP’s goals.
- Oversees the transition of new CCDP Officers and other positions.
- Manage the Coconino County Democratic Party Headquarters function.
- Manages the CCDP Headquarters. Manages personnel and payroll transactions including on- and off-boarding new positions through the payroll system. Reviews and approves hours for payroll. Manages and communicates personnel issues with the Chair. Establishes staffing and volunteers to support HQ operating hours.
- Manages systems access to CCDP Google drive and email, NGP-Van, ActBlue, and other CCDP systems as appropriate. Ensures data in NGP is maintained and updated.
- Manages and directs logistics for CCDP meetings.
- Manage the Coconino County Democratic Party fundraising effort.
- Assists Chair and fundraising committee by developing fundraising plan. Builds and maintains relationships with donors and potential donors. Plans and coordinates fundraising events.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of directly relevant experience with 2 years of direct supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of directly relevant experience including experience working or volunteering for a political campaign or party, with 2 years of direct supervisory experience. Formal political science educational degree is a definite positive asset for this position.
- Ability to tactfully prioritize tasks and responsibilities, respond positively to unanticipated changes, and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking skills and media experience.
- Demonstrated writing/editing skills with exceptional attention to detail and accuracy of information.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion in working with highly confidential and sensitive matters.
- Fundraising experience in soliciting and securing donor dollars.
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite skills.
- Experience with databases, NGP/Van, calendar scheduling, mobile devices, working in a networked environment, and the Internet.
- Understanding of Arizona and Coconino County political environment.
- Qualified for Notary Public Responsibilities.
Number of Hours Worked per Week:
40 hours, with periodic weekend work and potentially 50 hours per week during periods of peak activity
- Official Federal and Arizona holidays
- After November 19, 2022, eligible for 2 weeks of vacation
- Stipend for health care coverage if needed
Rate of Pay: $50,000 to $60,000/year
Compensation Type: Salaried
Interested applicants should submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to . Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and applicants will be contacted for interviews beginning in late January. The target employment start date is March 1, 2022.Share this: